Monday, May 30, 2011

India's 'Melody Queen' Lata Mangeshkar feels 'insulting' as media reports about her illness

India's 'Melody Queen' Lata Mangeshkar has termed as 'insulting' the media reports about her illness and retirement.

"I believe that I was born to sing and will continue to do so as long as I live. If I do retire, It is me who is going to make that decision, not anyone else.

Why should other people be talking about my retirement? " Lata said in her reaction to a report in a leading daily which talked about her illness and her impending retirement.

Lambasting such reports, the 81-year old playback singer, writing on the micro blogging site twitter, said, "No one has the right to insult me like this and my future work will prove to be a fitting reply to these reports." An article in a leading newspaper yesterday claimed that Lata would be retiring soon and has taken to Twitter to vent her ire.

"I am astonished that such a reputed newspaper has published such a false and irresponsible report," the singer wrote on Twitter.

Dismissing the talk of her illness in the report, the singer said, "I am also sad that without knowing anything they have written that I suffer from 'back pain'. This is also false. Does a well-known newspaper like this have no concerns about its reputation?" It is notable that the veteran singer has of late cut down on her singing assignments, her last assignment being for Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Jail'.

No comments:

Post a Comment